Wednesday 14 October 2009

Editing and end outcome of our prelim task

Today we began editing all of our prelim tasks. We used Final Cut Pro to edit our prelim tasks. We began inserting our discs where we took all the footage we needed and began refining all of our material. We had to ensure all our footage was named appropriately so that we were able to distinguish what material we needed to place and where. When we started to piece this all together we had to ensure all the shots were continuos. After we had edited our material we began to add appropriate music to our prelim task. We used Soundtrack Pro to add music to our prelim tasks. The clip following is the end product to our prelim task.



I found using Final Cut Pro quite difficult as I have never used any type of editing program before. When using Soundtrack Pro I found this easier as I have used a type of program like this before. When editing at first we lost all our defined footage so Ben and I had to do this all again. Once we had refined our material using Final Cut Pro got easier and I got used to using this program more. I enjoyed editing my prelim task as I could begin to understand how Final Cut Pro works and how important it is to get several different shots of the same thing so when we are refining our work we have more shots to chose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment